Monday, May 09, 2011

My first mother's day

Stage: We are at Moe's having lunch after church on Mother's Day. Both of Byron's parents are there, along with Joseph and Nana.

Scene 1: Byron walks into Moe's carrying a giant (and very heavy) wrapped box.

Scene 2: Puzzled at what it may be, i open one side of it. I see what it is and cannot believe my eyes! Without thinking i exclaim to Byron: "You did NOT?!"

Scene 3: I fight my tears, look at Byron's big smile and continue to open my mother's day gift.

Scene 4: It's a Kitchen Aide mixer! My dream gift! The gift i told Byron i would one day like to get -- maybe on our 10th year anniversary, maybe once we have a couple of kids, maybe... maybe one day.
Scene 5: He shares the story of why he decided to make my first mother's day memorable by giving me such a special gift.

Thank you Honey <3

1 comment:

Jim and Julianna said...

Amazing!!!! Great pics, too; they really capture your astonishment & Byron's excitement. So what is going to be the first thing you make?