Thursday, May 26, 2011

Maternity clothes

When i found out i was pregnant back in December, one of the aspects that made me nervous was maternity clothes. I don't like to shop, i don't know how to shop, and when i do shop, half the time i feel guilty for doing so.

So i decided that time would determine what to do in regards to this.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that maternity clothes swapping was a very common thing to do. Out of nowhere, people from church would hand me a grocery bag here and there with some maternity clothes. Some of it would work, some of it wouldn't.

I eventually broke down and ended up buying some much needed maternity shorts for our trip to Disney and then 2 tops for me to wear to school (the normal ones i was wearing began to look mighty ridiculous after a while).

But today i hit jackpot! One of the younger teachers at school who has two little children handed me a box of her maternity clothes.


I began looking through it once i got home, and needless to say, if i were to wear every single item in that box, i would have a new outfit to wear every day until my due date :p

I went through them and first sorted them out through fits and does not fit. Then i even had the luxury of selecting from those that fit me those that i liked and did not like. So by the end of it, this is what i ended up with:


Thank you Allison for your generosity! Can't wait to begin to wear them.

No comments: