Sunday, May 01, 2011

I love my Sunday afternoons!

Unlike most people, instead of spending Sunday afternoons taking a nap, i enjoy my afternoons in the kitchen. I think that cooking and trying new recipes is most definitely my favorite hobby, and Sundays are a time when i can do it without having other things on my to-do list and time restricting me. So i turn Pandora radio station on and get going in the kitchen.

Today was especially fun. In about a 2 hour period, i accomplished the following:

- Grill, peel and chop the peppers for my veggie quesadillas.
- Pre-prepare the mac and cheese casserole.
- Cut my chicken breasts into strips for my chicken fingers.
- Bake one dozen pear-oatmeal muffins
- Prepare cream of potato soup from scratch.
- And most importantly, clean up afterward.

These were all things i would have had to do throughout the week anyway, so being able to get them all done ahead of time allows me to enjoy my weekday afternoons a lot better. And as an extra bonus, doing them all at the same time is a HUGE time saver.

These are my pear-oatmeal muffins. This is my first time baking them, and they taste wonderful!


This is Nana Morris's famous mac & cheese casserole. I like to get it all ready ahead of time so that when it's time for dinner, all i have to do is stick them into the oven. No clean up and no messy counter.


Finally, this is my cream of potato soup. This was not on our weekly menu, but i realized i had 6 potatoes that were about to go bad if i didn't use them. So i tried this new recipe as well. It made exactly 3 servings. Two will go to school with me for lunch, and one of them will be for B's dinner tonight.

No comments: