Friday, May 20, 2011

The mom in me.



Exactly one month ago our Sunday School had a picnic to celebrate Easter and enjoy an egg hunt with the kids. It amazes me how many young couples and how many children are in our church community.

During that picnic i was able to hold for quite a while little Baby Price. He is such a doll and love to hold him. The first time i got to hold him was at a baby shower. After a good 30 minutes of me holding him, he began to cry and cry. Completely oblivious to the situation, i just let him cry for as long as he wanted. His mama eventually realized what was going on and told another young mother: "we are going to have to teach Lauren a few things about motherhood." She eventually showed me how to soothe him back into to calmness.

Since then i've been wondering what kind of mother i will become. Here are a list of things that i notice of myself when i am with an infant:

- I have no problem letting the baby cry. I am not going to claim to be completely calm when this takes place, but i just assume that that's what babies do -- cry! We'll see how this plays out once MY little girl begins to cry.
- My arms get really tired of holding them. After a while of enjoying them i just want put them down and run off and do my own thing.
- I love to eat, and most importantly, i love being the FIRST to eat. Having an infant, or a child for that matter, will prevent me from this luxury. I wonder when my next full and relaxed meal will take place once our little girl comes.

No comments: