Friday, July 22, 2011

Sewing bees

For the past week, my dear friend Lisa has been visiting us. Not only has she been waking up at 7 am to go walking with me every morning (never mind that it's her vacation!), but I've also been putting her to work. She has been an ENORMOUS help in getting our little girl's room ready with a few sewing projects. Thank you "aunt" Lisa <3

One Wednesday we worked on hemming the baby cloths wipes.


Thursday I learned how to hem. I was so proud of my straight line!



Then today, we began AND finished the crib's dust ruffle and
began working on the valances.


Memma helped us by finishing the dust ruffle.


We'll show off all final products when placed in the nursery in what I hope will be less than a month.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I can't believe you started and finished you dust ruffle in a day! I just got done with mine tonight, off to cut out the valance! Looks like you have an expert seamstress for a MIL.

Jim and Julianna said...

What fun! Can't wait to see the finished product! And how is the crib coming?

Jim and Julianna said...

p.s. where did you do the sewing? Is that your house? What a great table!!

Shannon said...

Awesome Lauren! I love how resourceful you are :) Maybe when it's my turn one day you can show me a few tricks. We should make another market/yard sale date again one Sat. morning ;)