Sunday, July 10, 2011

McMain Brownies


I was looking for a way to encourage B yesterday after a long day of working outside in the yard and then later on the crib. Along with the meal, I also tried these brownies, made from scratch.

I don't know what people's experience with brownies has been, but oddly enough, it seems like "box brownies" taste better than homemade ones.

Well, this recipe is the exception to the rule. They are very "fudgy" and so easy to make. They call for relatively little flour, and includes ingredients you most likely already have around the house. Perfect for when trying to come up with a last minute dessert.

I like to make my brownies in a muffin pan - they bake faster and they are less dry.

The recipe is taken from The Kelly Family Cookbook.

Ingredients -

2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of cocoa
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of pecans

Procedure -

Mix flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and add sugar. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla and dry ingredients. Stir in pecans. Pour into a 9x13 greased pan (I use a muffin pan). Bake at 275F for 1 hours (I baked them for 25 min. in the muffin pan)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of butter, sugar, and eggs makes for some great brownies! Now I'm in the mood to make some... :) Ever tried "flour-less chocolate cake" before? I think you'd like it!