Friday, July 01, 2011

Nesting - the beginnings

I thought it would be a good idea to record the progression of my nesting stage. I am currently in the beginning parts of it. Our little girl's room still has two beds in it (both of which will no longer be there by the time she arrives). The closet is filled with suitcases (the floor is also) in addition to other stuff that really belongs in the attic.


In addition to doing my best with organizing the things in her room, I am also shopping for a used glider, doing breastpump research, and trying to determine whether I am going to give cloth diapers a chance or not.

Today I began to wash her clothes that I have purchased at yard sales. I am now going to begin to sort all of her clothes by size - hang and fold some, and put in storage boxes the older age ones.


And finally, I am also doing some reading. I have already read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, and am currently reading Shepherding the Child's Heart and The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Well, the room has potential for sure, can't wait to see the finished result.

Mary said...

We're doing the same reading! You should check out the Husband Coached Childbirth and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way. Even if you don't want to go au natural they're great for explaining birth and have really made me look forward to our birth.

MOM said...

I love the term "nesting" that you used here! The room looks cute already. . you have so much to be thankful for.