Saturday, July 09, 2011

Cloth baby wipes


As some of you may already know, I've decided to use cloth diapers with our little girl. I hesitated for a while whether this would be a good idea or not - I didn't want to be known as "the nut who uses cloth diapers." But the more I thought about it and the more I talked about it, I realized that there were a lot of people who use them, and they are not nuts!

Hence has begun my cloth diaper adventure, and along with it, cloth baby wipes as well. Last night I sat and cut out 70+ pieces of 8"x8" cloth wipes. I used a large blanket-like fabric that was given to us. I was so proud of them and had such a large grin on my face when I finished, that B couldn't help but to take a picture of me.

So now the question is - what am I going to do with 70+ wipes? Any takers???

6 comments:

Schmidt Family said...

Keep them - you'll need them. You might want to sew around the edge so they don't fray with maybe a serger or something. I think I have at least that many cloth wipes!

Anonymous said...

So you've saved yourself around $400 or more in wipes - awesome!

Amy said...

I agree, sew around the edges. My mom did this for me and what a gift that it was. What are you going to use for solution? if any? or just water?

Lauren said...

The person who introduced me to cloth wipes uses water, so unless someone tells me to do otherwise, i'll stick with the original plan :)

Mom said...

Wonderful to see you will not be adding to the landfill!!!!! YEAH!!

Aubrey said...

Actually, cloth wipes are easier once you go with the cloth diapers, cuz otherwise you have to say, wipes go in the garbage, diapers go in the pail, and you get yourself all confused and have two places that stink.