Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Food in freezer

In getting ready for the arrival of our little girl, one of the things I've began working on over the past few weeks is organizing our freezer. I've tried to clear out as many items that have been there for a number of months and open space for items such as these:


You may wonder, what is that? They are "pre-prepared" desserts. Being peach season, I took the ripest peaches I had and peeled them, sliced them and packaged them in ziplock bags. The furthest one to the left is ready for a peach cobbler, and the other two are ready for some homemade peach ice cream. Once our girl arrives and I find myself in need of throwing a quick dessert together, I can stick my head into the freezer and see what I can put together without much hassle.

But dessert is not everything inside our freezer. I am making a list of other things that are half-way done and that can go into the freezer for a number of weeks. The list is slowly growing and hangs on the side of our fridge. Hopefully this will become very handy when trying to throw something together last minute.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Check out Life as mom blog for some great freezer meals.