Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Friends

I feel like I've written my fair share of posts about "how hard mothering two is... blah blah blah."  In the middle of those hard days, I always thought:  "This has to get better, otherwise people would never have more children."  

Friends and family, I think I am slowly but surely reaching that place.  I am finally beginning to reap the benefits of having two children who are both young and close in age.


This picture (^) was taken last week while Emma stayed in the bathroom after nap time (I told her she could keep her nap diaper on as long as she stayed in there).  I placed Little Byron outside the bathroom, put a few toys between them, and the rest is history...

They sat there playing peacefully with each other for about 30 minutes.  Every once in a while I would peek in on them to see that they were in no mischief.

This is just one of many recent examples.

Yesterday, while Emma was sitting on the potty doing #2 (and taking her sweet time while at it, btw), she requested that LB sit outside the bathroom so she could see him.

This morning, while getting ready to go to MOPS, I sat Byron on the playroom rug, and Emma went over there with him.  While she didn't know I was watching, I saw her hug him and kiss him and say:  "I love you baby Byron."

So thankful that they have each other.

2 comments:

OMA said...

If that isn't cute of them playing. I like seeing Baby Byron holding a toy like that and watching his sister mess around with that bunny. SWWWWEEEEEET.
Kisses across the miles.

MOM said...

I just came back to look at this photo. Just wanted to see baby Byron holding his little letters and see his fish. He was so tiny when I last saw him. I got to read again how sweet Emmi went to him and said, "I love you Baby Byron." That is P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S. So glad you enjoy them!