Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Funny faces

One of my favorite books I've been reading lately is The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarckson.  It has been an incredible blessing, and has encouraged me as a mother beyond (almost) anything else I've heard or read in the past 2.5 years.

One of the things that hit home for me in reading this book was learning how to make the "mundane" special.  How to make every-day things memorable for our children.

With the idea coming from a post I saw on a college-friend's blog, I decided to begin making "funny faces" (as Emma likes to call them) for our meals.





Meal time is more exciting and extra special, simply because I now take a little extra time putting some "love" into our little girl's plate.

1 comment:

MOM said...

W O W. This is awesome!! What fantastic faces, and all with simple foods! They are out-of-this-world!! I admire how you read and find all these ideas!!!!!! I only knew how to make pancake faces :)