Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sit-up

As of last week, our little man can now sit-up on his own.  This milestone has allowed life to become slightly easier, since I can now set him up wherever without him becoming aggravated at me (the way he did when I would lie him down on the floor).

I love how they both have the same facial expression.
And a general update on Baby Byron:

-  He is 7 months old today, and hates to eat anything other than his mama's milk *sigh*  I have tried all sorts of things, the most recent one breaking down and buying some (expensive!) baby wafers and cereal (I never bought these for Emma, but a desperate, and sleepless mama will do anything at this point).  

-  He has been an incredible sleeper since he was 6 weeks old.  For months and months he would sleep 8-10 hour long stretches.  But recently, he has regressed to waking 2-3 times at night.  He wakes up screaming (also very unusual).  We put him on some antibiotics (related to an ear infecting), and things have improved, but still not where I wish they were.  I also think that him still being exclusively breastfed is affecting his sleep (or lack there of).

-  Little Byron can also now stand up on both feet on his own if we hold his hands.

-  Still no teeth.

1 comment:

MOM/OMA said...

So fun to hear all this news suddenly!!! He is eating solids, so why do you mention "exclusive breastfeeding"?

He is sure a cutie. How can he already stand? He wont' be a baby anymore when I see him! I saw him when he was BORN, so, so tiny. Yes, he was alwaaayyys sleeping.