Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sick children

We've had a rough couple of days.  Two sick children, combined with little sleep and Daylight Savings have made for two days I wish I could completely erase from my life.  The stress that comes with sick children is beyond words, and trying to force antibiotics down their throats twice a day is not for the faint at heart.

I've already talked about LB's ear infection in a previous post.  So on to Emma...

Emma began coughing during the night over the weekend.  This evolved into a cold, then mucus coming out of her eyes, and finally a double ear infection.  She was so pitifully sick yesterday, that even though she has been weaned from her pom for about 6 months now, she asked for it again.  I could not bare not giving it to her, if this meant she could be comforted a little.  I found an old one, and I was amazed of how quickly she took it in.


(thankfully, it does not look like she has regressed with it.  We put it away again this morning and we have not talked about it since)

Memma has been able to help me a little through these hard times, and when she is not around and Byron is still at work, between the TV and Little Byron being entertained in his crib, I have been able to hug and comfort my little girl.

1 comment:

MOM/ OMA said...

What a vivid post. The photo just shows your LOVE. Beautiful. The details were not fun, but getting to hold that sweetie was worth it. I wish I were there.