Tuesday, April 01, 2014

on Emma...

Thought we would post a little update on Emma.

 She is a little over 2.5 years old.

Her language of choice is still English, but can pretty much translate just about anything if you ask her to.  She is also starting to say a few Spanish sentences.  Her English sentences can be about 4-5 words long, her Spanish ones are about 2 words long.

She likes to run around naked.

"poquito nuda, mami?"
 She loves her blankets!  She calls them sasas (for "sabana" in Spanish).  Every morning, she walks out the door with her sasa and Bunny.


She loves to wear her pajamas all day.  Her laundry is 80% PJs, 20% everything else.  At first it annoyed me and frustrated me.  Now I've decided it's not a battle worth fighting.  As it gets hotter and hotter, she will want to be in shorts and short-sleeve blouses more.

I am not sure how to go about writing this last one.  Part of me wants to completely ignore it and make it go unnoticed, but another part of me tells me I need to record this.  What am I talking about?  Glad you asked :)

A little boy at church and MOPS has developed a little crush on her.  He just turned three a few weeks ago, so he is just about 6 months older than her.  Of course they are good friends, but he truly has a crush on her (or really likes her... whatever the difference is at this age).

A few weeks ago when we picked the kids up at the nursery, the workers said they had been playing together the entire time and holding hands.  Today when we picked them up, the workers said they had spotted them kissing on the mouth!  ACK!

Erin and I giggled and smiled at each other, torn by both the cuteness, but also seriousness of the situation.  It may be cute right now, but no longer cute when they are, say, 10 years-old.  So this needs to be addressed now!

We got in the car and I turned to Emma--
"Emma, we don't kiss boys in the mouth.  You may kiss Mommy, Daddy and Baby Byron in the mouth [not quite sure on this last one, but that's what I said], but you cannot kiss anybody else there.  You may kiss them on the cheek if you want to [like the good Mexican that she is :)]"
Then proceeded to say--
"You may kiss a boy once he gives you a ring, but he first has to get Daddy's permission."

We figured it was never too early to begin teaching our kids about our expectations in regards to dating.  Again, it's a little humorous right now, and partly just want to disregard it, but then also I want to make sure that we always take these opportunities to teach and train our children at every chance not matter how young they are.

3 comments:

An Amazed OMA said...

WHAAATT? This I have got to read to G! He has always said that Emma is going to be a real challenge. (I have forgotten his exact words. I'd say something more like, She's really going to be a stinker.) I cannot BELIEVE this. It was a riot to read this. So they were holding hands and kissing? I am laughing so much. That I know neither you or Lauren did at 2 1/2, unless I didn't see it!!! What in the world! And on top of that, the photos of Emma running around naked saying, "poquito . . .?" This has got to be the blog of the year if there every was a prize for one!!!

after rethinking. . said...

oops. . neither you or Alison . . Now I may want to take that back. I can imagine Alison kissing Carlito's little brother. Kids are so cute at that age!! But I can imagine a good-bye kiss, not a kiss hiding in the Sunday school classroom. . ha ha

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes let me make your tight, sxy little ass feel sooooooooooooooo good