Sunday, February 03, 2013

More of her babies

Emma's babies are an important part of her life.  It amazes me how she loves them so dearly.  She loves Bunny the best, but is also very particular about having all three (Monkey and The Other Bunny) with her as well, especially at night time.

She loves to put them in her grocery cart and give them a spin around the house.


She also likes to sit on her rocking chair and read them stories.
 

Emma is also very motherly around other children.  I nanny for a friend's daughter a few times a month, and last Thursday I kept her for the whole day.  As soon as J. walked in the door, Emma entered "mother-mode."  Although J. is five months older than her, Emma decided it was her duty to make sure she ate her entire snack.  She stood next to her high chair the entire time, giving her gold fish and water.  She also chased her around the house, pulling her pants out and "checking" her diaper.  She would then look at me, point at J. and say:  "popo, popo" and run to her changing table, indicating to me I should change her diaper.

1 comment:

OMA said...

Thanks for uploading this piece about "Bunny", "Other Bunny" and "Monkey" for me. This is the sweetest entry you have written. It overflows with gentleness and love.

I miss my little Emma. I liked seeing her with the jean jumper and yellow bow. Her silly smile under that "pom" is darling when she was caught reading.

We await the day she will come to use the rocking chair "Gato" fixed for her.