Friday, September 06, 2013

Her baby


I placed Little Byron on the floor this morning while I was getting ready.  I found myself smiling at myself when I saw my little girl trying to swaddle her little brother with the blanket. 

I feel I need to make a post about what life is like these days in our household.  
It is pretty good for the most part.  LB will be four weeks old this Monday and he still has his days and nights mixed up.  He is up for hours during the night, and if he is not awake, he is grunting and GRUNTING in his sleep, which keeps mommy and daddy from sleeping at all.  After three sleepless weeks, Byron and I have come up with a plan which seems to be working ok.  We hope we will no longer need to do this once he is better about sleeping at night.

What's the plan?
I go to bed after his 9ish pm feeding, and Byron takes over all duties until 3 am.  I go to bed and leave a pumped bottle for daddy to feed LB with when he wakes again at midnight.  If he goes back to bed ok, then Byron is off the hook and I take over again after 3 am.  This is very much temporary, and hope to no longer need to leave a bottle once LB is sleeping better at night.  But desperate times call for desperate measures, and if I want to be somewhat sane during the day, I need some sleep.

Much to my relief, the kids seem to overlap their afternoon naps to some extent.  Most days it's for only about one hour, but hey -- that's better than nothing.  Sadly, I normally spend that time catching up with things that cannot be easily done with kids awake (like our family blog!) instead of resting or taking a nap.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm thrilled to see LB with his eyes open and looking at the camera. He is going to be a handsome boy. Your plan sounds perfect.

Keep the photos coming! I miss not hearing from you via email or SKYPE. It's your birthday TOMORROW!!! I wonder if there will be balloons and a baby sitting inside a gift!

Mom said...

I'm thrilled to see LB with his eyes open and looking at the camera. He is going to be a handsome boy. Your plan sounds perfect.

Keep the photos coming! I miss not hearing from you via email or SKYPE. It's your birthday TOMORROW!!! I wonder if there will be balloons and a baby sitting inside a gift!