Friday, September 06, 2013

Crayons


Emma loves to color!  She loves it even more when I color for her.  I am also beginning to wonder if she will be the first Morris grandchild who is left handed.  Her Poppa, Uncle Caleb and Daddy are all left handed.  I asked her doctor yesterday at her two-year appointment if there was a time when this became evident, and he said that as early as now we can begin telling which is her hand of choice.  Of course, this is still up in the air, but she does seem to use her left hand as her hand of choice.

I took this picture above because I think it showed a little about her perfectionist nature.  While I was busy elsewhere around the house, this child proceeded to break all her crayons in half and then line them up.

And on to her two-year doctor appointment:
Weight:  28 lbs 10 oz (75%)
Length:  35 inches (75%)
Head:  19 inches (75%)

I of course have to brag on my little girl.  Both the nurse and the doctor were very impressed with how well she behaved:
Nurse:  "Now mama, I want you to know this is not normal behavior for a 2-year old at the doctor."
Doctor:  "If all my patients were this good, my job would be much easier"

Yes, she is a sweet, sweet girl, even if I must say so myself :)
It did help that I had packed two cookies in her diaper bag and she knew she would get them after her appointment.

2 comments:

Mom said...

ha ha. Fun to read, and then that surprise ending make this entry a great one!!!

Mom said...

ha ha. Fun to read, and then that surprise ending make this entry a great one!!!