Wednesday, July 25, 2012

11 months old



Ladies and gentleman, my baby girl is 11 months old!  

Do you remember this picture?  She was only one month old.


On July 21, 2012 my Emma girl became one month from becoming a one year old.  We were at Illinois at the time, so her monthly picture with Johnny Bear had to wait until we got back.

She is becoming less of a baby and more of a little girl.  Tears form in my eyes as I type this.  She understands what I say -- she knows what shaking the head "no" means.  She is very obedient.  She will not touch an outlet but instead look at it, look at me, then shake head "no."  If she approaches something she should not get into, all I say is:  "AH-AH."  She then looks at me and shakes her head. 

Last Friday she also did her first sing language.  She signs for milk.  It was as clear as day.  The only problem with that is that now she asks for milk all the time.  The first day I saw her do this I nursed her each time she did it just to reinforce it, but then after that I went back to nursing normally.  Which leads me to the following:

I have started the process of weaning her.  So sad!  I know I don't have to, but there are a number of conveniences that I am wanting to get back to that need me to stop breastfeeding.  I will drop one feeding a week until we are all done by the time she turns one.

She is also very vocal.  In particular, when she is with a book or a phone.  She will start "talking."  I guess she has started to associate talking with both of them.  So cute!  She has also started to put the cell phone to her ear.

She has 6 teeth -- four at bottom, two at top.

A few no-nos that took place this month that I was too ashamed to blog about are (1) she fell off her crib, and (2) she was accidentally given some cookies at the church nursery I had made and mistakenly put in her diaper bag.  They had pecans, lots of butter and sugar, chocolate chips, oatmeal.  It's a mystery how she didn't choke to death eating them.  Anyway, that was her first time eating sweets and of course, she loved it!   

No comments: