Saturday, August 03, 2013

The crib adventures

Many ask if Emma will be transitioning into a toddler bed in time for Little Paco (btw, this is NOT his name, just what he is going by right now) to inherit hers.  The answer is "no."  And this is why -- Emma looooooves her crib!  

*If Emma is disciplined, or if she even becomes upset over something, she asks to go to her crib:  "cuna, cuna."
*Emma will spend about 3 - 4 hours in her crib every afternoon.  Sometimes she'll sleep the entire time, but many times she'll sleep some, but then also "read" her books or play with her babies a good portion of it.
*She is very content in her crib -- we put her down at 7:30 pm every night (unless we are out late with her) but won't actually fall asleep until 8:30 pm or so.  The best part is, she is as happy as can be to be left alone in her crib at night to play.  When we put her down, she always asks for the usual suspects (babies, Bunny, pom, and sasa -- blanket), but has most recently begun to ask for books.  So we place books in her crib for her to read before bed time.

Emma reading in bed.

Emma reading in bed.

On a side note, I am now 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Emma was born at 38 weeks 4 days.  I began having some symptoms today that reminded us of Emma's arrival 2 years ago, so Byron made me go to the hospital to get checked.  They strapped me up and hooked me to all sorts of machines and checked my fluids and both my and Little Paco's heart rate to see if I had gone into labor.  About one hour later, I was told I was not in labor -- phewww!

I do think a part of this story is worth recording, though -- 
When I told Byron this morning that I had begun having some symptoms, he got so nervous he strapped his heart rate monitor (the one he uses when he runs) to check his heart rate.  Poor guy, he was so nervous!

1 comment:

MOM said...

This IS funny to read. I cannot stop smiling from ear to ear. Wow, daddy is reallllly nervous! Poor guy.