Friday, August 16, 2013

Little Byron's first few days of life

 We were able to introduce Little Byron first thing in the early morning to Uncle Joseph and Memma who, just like us, did not get any sleep that night.


Our pediatrician was out of town when LB was born, so we requested our friend Matt to be our step-in doctor for a few days.

Poppa came to meet LB early in the morning on his way to work.

Oma brought Emma over to visit LB that morning.  Emma also got her first doll.
 

Emma was much more excited over her baby brother the next day when she requested to hold him.  On a side note, Emma has done exceptionally well with her baby brother, and loves him very, very much.  We had been worried about her being jealous, but so far she has not shown signs of that.  



On our way home from the hospital, we stopped by to visit Nana who has been very ill.
Millard, LB's middle name, was Nana's father and grandfather's name.  Byron says the name has been in the family for about 150 years.

Memma had our doorstep decked-out for our arrival with a beautiful and creative diaper wreath and a sign welcoming BMM III.  So nice to have such a lovely family picture!

We put Byron straight to work when we got home, and got him assembling LB's cradle.


4 comments:

MOM said...

I liked the out-of-the-ordinary announcement with your choice of picture #1 (Byron and Joseph). It's a great photo. I loved all the photos you uploaded, and it was difficult to choose, I am sure. I found the photo of Byron with his head in the instructions hilarious, and I took the photo. How do you figure that? I think it is just that the sequence of the photos is just perfect!! Congrats Lo!!

MOM said...

I liked the out-of-the-ordinary announcement with your choice of picture #1 (Byron and Joseph). It's a great photo. I loved all the photos you uploaded, and it was difficult to choose, I am sure. I found the photo of Byron with his head in the instructions hilarious, and I took the photo. How do you figure that? I think it is just that the sequence of the photos is just perfect!! Congrats Lo!!

Jim and Julianna said...

He is beautiful!!!!! (and I also laughed at the pic with Byron looking at directions in the background - ha! Captures the whole birth story quite well.)

Anonymous said...

BUENO!! Congratulations again on LB's arrival! Is Byron assembling the Fisher Price Rock N Play? We have it and LOVE it! I've been telling everyone with new babies to get it - I use it every day, multiple times. It's also perfect for pictures of babies, because it props them up a bit, giving a better angle. Can't wait to meet LB and see all of you again! Love, Sean, Ali and Ruby