Thursday, August 30, 2012

Playing with balls

Emma's most recent favorite toy are these silly old balls that were mine when I was her age 27 years ago. She crawls around with them in her hands while pushing herself forwards with her elbows. Tried to capture a little bit of that in the following video. This video also shows how she likes to make noise with them. Enjoy! This second video is probably one of my favorite. She has somehow convinced herself that balls belong in people's mouths, so she'll do whatever it takes to stick one in. As I am typing this, she has come my way to do exactly that -- stick the blue ball in my mouth :) I spit it out, and right when I was about to click "publish" to his post, here she came again to stick it in.

2 comments:

OMA said...

I LOVED THESE VIDEOS!! I think my favorite is the first one, in part because you wrote it in such a way that made it fun to anticipate. It IS funny how she crawls and holds the balls!!!!!!! Yes, those balls are 27 years old, and she even likes the other part that they are supposed to be used with. Isn't it amazing? I wonder if some day in the future, in retrospect, you'll say that battery toys were not as entertaining as simpler toys. Well, it will be interesting to see. She also loves that silly garage sale dog!! ha ha I LOVE THAT FIRST VIDEO also because she sits and talks and then watches the balls go.

Anonymous said...

love to have her play with my balls baby is so damn sexy