Sunday, June 29, 2008

Reading through the Bible

Ever since i became a Xtain, i've made several attempts to read the entire Bible. Having been a Xtian for about 10 years now, i think i've covered about 2/3 of the Bible just from sermons, small group studies, devos, etc, but i am ashamed by the fact that i cannot say that i've read my entire Bible.

For a while i kind of pushed this thought to the side, but this week i was challenged by a pastor i admire a lot at a conference i attended. He said that a growing Xtian reads his entire Bible once a year. That means, that as a 10 year old Xtian, i should have already the entire Bible 10 times now. Granted, this thought is not at all biblical. It is unwise and unrealistic to say that only those who read through their Bible each year are the only growing Xtians, but the fact that i have not done it at least ONCE is just plain embarrassing.

So i am back on track. I started reading through my Bible 2 years ago and got through Deuteronomy in the OT and Luke in the NT but then stopped, so now i am starting off from where i left off last time. I really hope to finish up no later than the end of 2008. So please, in the next few months, don't hesitate to keep me accountable and ask me how my bible reading is going.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.