Wednesday, August 06, 2014

WHY-Wednesday: Why I'm not afraid of mangos.

So I thought that for today's post I would write about how to effectively cut a mango without involving half of your kitchen appliances.  

The perfect snack, you might say.
But how do I cut a mango without making such a huge mess?

First off, place the mango vertically over the plate you'll be serving it on.
In my case, it'll be my daughter's plate since she loooooooves mangos, and if it were up to her, she'd eat mangos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The mango has a large seed in the middle, so you are essentially cutting around it.
You'll be slicing the mango in thirds.

So go ahead and cut the first third off.
(A sharp pairing knife is all you'll need for this).



Cut crossing lines without cutting into the skin.


Then pop the mango out like you would an ice tray.


At this point, you can go ahead and just eat it straight off the skin.
But if you have a mango police in your house like I do, and wants to eat it as an after-nap snack, then you'll need to cut it into bite-size pieces and place it on the plate.



Cut the other third off and do the same.

Now you are left with the awkward, lonely middle part.


Peel off the skin and cut the "meat" off in bite-size pieces, working around the seed.



And now your are done.
 Enjoy!

***

PS:
Nothing goes to waste in this house.
Suck every last bit of that over-priced (yet delicious) fruit off the seed.


1 comment:

byandanne said...

Love this tutorial (sp?) will try it soon!
I Love my D I L!