Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Birthday party 2014 (Part 1)

We celebrated the kids' birthday parties last Saturday, August 9.
It threatened to thunderstorm all afternoon, but we were pleasantly surprised with wonderful weather to play and swim outside.

We wanted to keep this year's birthday party small.  So we focused on inviting mostly the children who Emma considers her little friends right now, and who she talks about the most.
Most of these little friends of hers have a younger sibling Baby Byron's age, so it worked out great.

We asked our friends and families with young children to not bring gifts, but we still wanted to have the kids open presents.

Gift table from Mommy and Daddy & grandparents.
We set-up and emergency play dough station for the kids to play at in case it rained.


The cake table.


Mommy made the cakes.
Yellow cake, chocolate frosting, and lost of M&Ms.



Ironically, Emma does not like cake, frosting, or ice cream, but she does like sprinkles.
So I got her some sprinkles to put over her cake and ice cream just for fun.



1 comment:

MOM said...

Finally got to the computer before I go to bed. Gram is too far away to come and see the photos, but I THANK you for the variety of photos. I really liked the first one of the "tables" and I think the cakes are so creative with those numbers! Was that 2 12-oz bags of MnM's? Maybe more!! The numbers must be the peanut MnMs, so maybe you have all the red, yellow, blue etc. MnMs stored at home. If I come, I HOPE I can eat some! :) I lovve MnMs!!!

The other single photo I really liked was the one with BB reaching for his BAH!! So cute!!That photo of the little girl with big brown eyes and a big white bow is very cute!! It was fun to read how Emma would say her 5 friends'names!! Hope to see you this week! Love, MOM
P.S. Have Emma go to the mailbox beginning tomorrow. There will be a card there for her and BB.