Friday, February 07, 2014

Baby Byron's baptism

We were thankful to get to baptize BB this past Sunday.  Though we missed not having all of our family together (some missing on Byron's side, and all missing on mine), we still had a number of people who witnessed our little one officially become part of the Covenant Family.

We had a small reception at my in-laws' home right after.  I made three different kinds of sandwiches (pimento cheese, chicken salad and PB&J), a ham & cheese tray with crackers, Wife Saver's chicken fingers, chocolate strawberries, deviled eggs, and a veggie tray.
 



The flattering picture of the kids' corner.

A family friend who has a cake business custom made the cake for our lunch.  It was beautiful!  It had BB's monogram at the top, and Psalm 100:5 written on the sides of it ("For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations").
 



Baby Byron wore a guayabera that one of my aunts in Mexico gave him when he was born.

3 comments:

MOM said...

Oh, I've been checking for photos and now there are many all at once! I have laughed and smiled and now I am going back to write comments. So much to say, but as always you make a baptism so meaningful. Mr. Morris told me on the phone that Emma said, "Look, he is washing Baby Byron's hair". HOW FUNNY. Lovely cake, funny kids' corner, and the guayabera was perfect. Both babes have those big eyes like mama. Lovely photos. THANKS.

MOM said...

I forgot to say that your meal looks as if it is catered. That took planning. I notice the frames scattered in between of Baby. I can visualize the day now. When you were baptized Lauren, coins were thrown at the "party". I remember you were quite small, with dark hair, and you wore my dress from the 1950's with my little shoes.

Anonymous said...

BB looks like he wants to take a bite of that cake in the last picture! Hope to see you all soon. Bueno!
Love,
Ali