Monday, August 08, 2011

Meal plan and some experimenting

This week should be a lot of fun in the kitchen. I am either trying new recipes or slightly modifying a few other ones I've tried in the past.

My first new recipe is a red marinara sauce cooked in the crock pot, using sausage links instead of ground beef. My second new recipe is pancakes. I will make a lot of them, eat a few, and put the rest in the freezer. Once our little girl comes and I want a quick lunch, I can place them in the toaster, and vuala! - they'll be ready to eat! My third new recipe is a true experiment - corn dog muffins. I will also be placing extra of these in the freezer for when our girl comes.

As of recipes with slight modifications, I am doing two. The first one is the chicken empanadas, this time I am going to add some black beans to them. The second recipe will be homemade frozen pizzas. I have cut out four 9'' diameter cardboard pieces and covered them in tinfoil. I will place the slightly cooked pizza crust on it and all of it's toppings. Then stick it in the freezer. When in need for a quick meal, just take them out and stick them in the oven to let them finish cooking :)


Monday:
L: Leftover pizza
D: Sausage spaghetti sauce over pasta with salad.

Tuesday:
L: Chicken empanadas
D: Repeat Monday

Wednesday:
L: Pancakes with fruit
D: Rotisserie chicken with corn and broccoli

Thursday:
L: Out - 2x1 coupon :)
D: Repeat Wednesday

Friday:
L: Corn dog muffins
D: Pizza

Saturday:
L: Free
D: Pizza

Sunday:
L: Out
D: Corn dog muffins

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Lauren,

I love your blog! Try the fun meal plans at Martha Stewart's website (see link below):

http://www.marthastewart.com/menu/grocery-bag-cool-creative-dinners

Praying for the safe arrival of your baby girl!