Monday, November 17, 2014

School in Mexico

We've been in Mexico.  

Last three weeks were the most overwhelming (and sanctifying) days I've had in a long time.  We had a great time, nothing that I regret, but being in a foreign country with two little ones was beyond demanding.

I will not go into all the details of the hardships that were part of this trip, because that's not what I want to remember.  I want to spend the next number of blog posts focusing on the sweet times and good memories we made.

***

First off, in order to immerse the kids in the language and culture, I signed them up to a little school from 8 - 1 pm Monday - Friday.  I missed them terribly while they were gone, but was thankful for the structure it provided in our day.

We were in Mexico during the Day of the Dead festivities, so the kids got to celebrate this time at school one day wearing regional clothes.



Kids in front of the school's altar. 


They also got to celebrate and Trick or Treat at the school one day.


Emma's little classroom.


Byron apparently spent all of his time playing in the sandbox or being rocked in the hammock.  Good Mexican boy.


No comments: