Friday, April 05, 2013

Oma came to town!

At the very last minute, my mom decided to bless us with her company for a full week last week.  

On her first day here, she helped me nanny Julia for the full day.  The only sad thing about the day was that Emma did not go to hear AT ALL!  She refused to be held by her. 

By the end of the day, she finally sat on Oma's lap, but it was only when she got to watch videos of fish on the iPad.  Throughout the week, Emma was pretty hesitant to go with Oma, but we quickly found out that as long as my mom asked her if she wanted to go look for fish, Emma would always go to her  *sigh* 

During Oma's visit, we got a package from Great Gram in the mail.  Emma loves the mail, and we had fun opening it after supper one night.

Every Friday for lunch, a group of mama friends get together at Chick Fil A.  Oma joined us on the Friday she was in town.  Here is a picture of Emma dipping her strawberries in the ketchup.  Ketchup is soon becoming one of Emma's favorite foods.

After CFA lunch, we crossed the street to PetsMart to look at fish and other animals.  Here is Emma mesmerized by the hamsters.

Pointing at the turtle.

Taking a short break and sitting under the fish tanks. 

On Saturday, we hit a few yard sales together with my sister who came to visit.  Our greatest find was this $5 car. 

Here is a picture of all our yard sale finds!

Emma picking flowers for her mommy.


Family picture on Easter Sunday.

At Old McDonald Fish Camp for dinner on Saturday night.

19 week baby boy belly on Easter Sunday.
 Easter Sunday dinner.

Visiting my sister at school right before an exam.

A visit from my mom wouldn't be complete without her bringing some of my old clothes as a child.  Here is Emma wearing one of my dresses I wore as a young girl (this is also Emma's new way to pose for pictures -- silly girl!)

My mom wanted to try this dress on Emma while she was here visiting.  She got this dress for Emma last Christmas while we were visiting in Mexico.

1 comment:

OMA said...

Oh, some of my favorites are not up! I will send them to you!! EMMA IS A DOLL! I like the photo of her in her purple outfit opening Great Gram's envelope with that BIG gift and you looking on.