Thursday, October 27, 2011

A month into cloth diapering


A month into cloth diapering and loving it!

I love the fact that:
- I'm $aving tons of money.
- I'm helping the environment.
- No last minute runs to CVS for diapers because I've run out of them.
- They take the same amount of time to change into than a disposable one does.
- For some reason disposable diapers DO NOT contain my child's blow outs; cloth diapers do.
- For the first 6 weeks that Emma used disposable diapers, her room always smelled. Now that she uses cloth, it no longer does. Go figure!
- Because Emma is exclusively breastfed, her dirty diapers don't need to be rinsed before being put into the washing machine, which makes them super convenient for now. Things will slightly change once she begins with solids.

Instead of filling the large can with garbage every week, it's the small one that goes into the trash and the large one goes into the washing machine.


Person: "Gross! If you use cloth diapers, you need to wash them too"
Me: "No, my washing machine does"

No comments: