Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Graciella

I know that this is going to sound really weird to a lot of people, but Graciella was (for the lack of a better word) our maid growing up. She began working for us and helping my mom around the house and with my sister and I when I was 6 years old and left when I was 12. She would travel from her hometown every Monday and live with us until Saturday morning, when she would then return to her town.



She later got married and had a family. Her only daughter was named Lauren after me. The girl is so cute and so well behaved.



My mom and I drove to her "pueblo" (hometown) yesterday to visit her. I think it had been about 6 years since I had last seen her. She is still very nice and always laughing. For a living, her husband, children and herself bake bread and sell it around the town. As a thank you for our visit, she gave us some bread, which we highly enjoyed for dinner last night.

No comments: