Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Changing the way I fold clothes

A little over a month ago I literally woke up one day and decided I was going to begin folding clothes the "Marie Kondo" way, whose basic premise is that you fold clothes in a way that they stand and don't become unraveled every time you take something out.  It also allows you to see all your clothes at once.  And let's be real... it just looks a lot nicer.

It took me about two days (with normal life and normal interruptions) to refold almost all of our drawers and closets.  And even though the chore of folding clothes in itself has not reduced in time, it is somehow much more gratifying to do.






A funny little unexpected perk of this is that it has caught the kids' attention, so much so that they now like to fold things.  Here you see Byron showing me how he is folding his Doggie. 

They also seem to be more careful in going thru their drawers, and if they put something back, instead of just throwing it back or putting it in the dirty laundry, I've noticed that they "refold it" (to the best of their ability) and put it back.  A big bonus!!!!

1 comment:

MOM said...

An ingenious plan! I'm impressed you went through all the closets. . WOWOWOOW. I've only done this with the towels in the green bathroom, and now you're inspiring me to try it in the closets!!! GREAT!!! What fun to read and see this!