Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Day of the Dead

I finally got around to doing what has been on my to-do list for years:  recognize Day of the Dead in our home.  It seems redundant to clarify this, but just to set matters straight -- no, we don't believe in Day of the Dead!  BUT, Day of the Dead is a huge part of my heritage.  I tell people that this holiday is the equivalent to Thanksgiving to Americans.  It's that big!  So I want to make an effort to raise our children with a this in mind.

So, all that to say, I finally got around to making some pib and xec last night and invited some friends to join us.  Though we want our children to experience this in the future, children were not included last night at our dinner table -- it was only adults, and it was so much fun!

I have no pictures other than my pib straight out of the oven.  Having been my first time making it, it turned out pretty good, but it does need some tweaking before next year.

Until then...

1 comment:

mom said...

Looks yummy! You must have had a hard time finding the banana leaves, or did you find a banana tree in someone's yard?????
C O N G R A T U LA T I O N S