Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Here and there...

It's been a busy couple of days lately, and picture-taking (as well as blog-posting) has not been at the top of my priority list.  But there are a few pictures I've taken that are worth sharing (and recording).

First off, this is a picture of my little girl playing with her Dora sticker book.  I have started a little business on eBay selling items I find at Goodwill.  We go there several times a week, many times with Emma at my side, and the way I keep her busy while I look around is by taking her to the children's book section and have her choose a few books to "read" while mommy browses the store.  All that to say, we found this Dora book for 99 cents.  Based on the look on her face in this picture, I would say it was worth every penny and more!


This child looooooves buckles.  So it's no surprise to find her buckling herself into a high chair.  (This chair was on the floor waiting to be put away after we had some guests over for dinner last week).
 

And lastly, the latest and greatest item in our household as of last night -- an "I Spy" blanket!  

I had seen a picture of this in a friend's blog and loved the idea of it!  I thought about buying it, but when I searched the Internet for it, they were running well over $100+ each.  My dear friend's mom is a "Quilt Queen," so I asked her if she could make one herself and I pay for it.  Well... a couple of weeks later we got it in the mail.  A gift for Emma from her Tia Martha.  THANK YOU THANK YOU!  

She has learned a lot through it already (words such as "soldado" and how it marches, angel, etc.).  Of course, her most favorite picture is the fish!  No surprise there :)

Happy girl pointing at one of the fish in her blanket.

1 comment:

MOM/Oma said...

I loved reading about Emma and seeing the I Spy Blanket! OMG. I wrote about that on FACE. As you said, you have not uploaded anything on this blog for a long while, so oddly I went to FACE today to see what you had. There I saw the gift from Martha. Now I am feeling really depressed about not making Emma something. I feel like I am going downhill with every year. I sure hope I can get over this state of mind.