Friday, March 08, 2013

First thing first..

"Daddy, first thing first -- your boots!"



 Unless you are a grandparent, you can stop reading.  I am about to become the classic parents who believes their kid is the smartest child to every step on Earth.  I am also writing these things down as keepsakes. 

-  So I asked her doctor about the crayon incident.  I asked if that was normal for her age.  Granted, he did not jump out of his seat asking to preform a genius test or anything of that sort, but he did agree that she seemed advanced for her age.
-  One of the nursery workers at church from her new "classroom" asked me yesterday when she was going to turn 3.  I said:  "she is only 18 months."  "18 months????" she said, "she is too smart!  Smarter than most kids in this class."  (kids in her class range from 15 months - 3 years).
-  I am proud to say that both her English and Spanish continue to develop at an impressive rate.  I love seeing this happen because most people warned me that raising her bilingual would delay her verbal development.  Not this child!
-  She is very efficient at using both a fork and spoon to feed herself.
-  Her favorite type of foods are fruits and vegetables.  This is NOT a rare thing to hear at the Morris household:  "Emma, you can eat more of your broccoli after you finish your mac & cheese."
-  She seems to prefer her left hand over her right hand more often than not.

1 comment:

OMA said...

My thirst to see Emma Girl was satisfied! I feel so lucky to be able to watch something silly she does with Dada while he is still in bed!! FUNNY!! Love it.