Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life with a one year old

Blogging and picture taking have recently become secondary in my life.  I am now a part time graduate student (in addition to being a full time mommy).  I am also slowly realizing that though I am a full time stay-at-home-mom, between MOPS, school, tutoring, and (trying to go)/going to the gym twice a week, I am not spending much time with my little girl as I used to.  (This is a sad realization, but beside my point).  Hence, not as many pictures, not as many moments to capture.

But in addition to time being an issue, life with a one year old has taken a turn for the worse.  Yes, I've got stories to share, but they are not the stories I wish to share.

You see, my Emma girl seems to want to drop her morning nap, but she hasn't quite made up her mind about it.  This then results in a very grumpy baby girl.  She is very much fond of her daddy (and her Memma!) and will cry when mommy comes to take her.  She does not like me to change her diaper or change her clothes, or sit still in the grocery cart, and will throw a fit until she gets her way... this means she'll also bite, yes, BITE me on my shoulder until she gets her way.

*sigh*

But don't you worry about me.  I just share this to inform you (and to remind myself later in life) of how things are in the Morris household these days.  I've got four teaching years of experience with unruly children under my belt -- I think I can handle this one!

But there are also sweet moments that I want to be able to remember:
-  The way she crunches her nose and mouth in imitation of a bunny.
-  The way she extends her arms up at me when I go into her room to pick her from her nap.
-  The way she signs for milk or food.
-  The way she stretches out Bunny at me because she wants to share his softness.
-  The way she takes her medicine and then claps at herself when she knows she has done a great job taking it.
-  The way she gladly follows me around the house, crawling from one end to the other within seconds.
-  The way her cheeks weigh down when she is still and is concentrated looking at something in her hands.
-  The way she says "bye bye" at people.
-  The way she smiles.
-  The way she likes to keep mommy company in the kitchen.

My baby girl enjoying her new swing in the yard.

2 comments:

Pa Ul said...

Your post is great to read. I was wondering if you have tried school tutoring?

MOM said...

Lo, this was lovely. I am always is awe at how my girl, who has English as her second language, can write so well. In this entry you made bold statements, yet you ended with such tenderness. Thanks for letting me enter your world with your touch for writing.