Tuesday, May 22, 2012

9 months old


My baby girl is 9 months old.  *sigh*  Where has time gone?  She is as sweet and as pretty as they come, and is always smiling.  I would say that her most distinct characteristic so far is how much she loves to be around people.  She'll wave and smile and babble to anyone willing to give her a few seconds of their attention.

What has taken place this past month?  Oh goodness, where to begin...
*  She crawls, and crawls fast!  I love to move from room to room around the house and have her follow me.  So much easier on me.
*  For most of the past month, she was still waking once a night to nurse.  A few nights ago, days shy of her 9 month birthday, we decided to cut out that last feeding.  This went much smoother than the fist time we did it a few months ago (when we went from two feedings a night to one feeding a night).  The first night she cried for about an hour from 5:30 - 6:30 am, then fell back asleep till 7:30 am.  Second night she cried herself to sleep, heard a few peeps here and there throughout the night, but didn't see her again till 7 am the next morning.  Third night - nothing.  Score!  Twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep.  My body still does not know what to do with itself.  Though I slept 9 uninterrupted hours last night, I still woke up more tired than normally.  Odd!
*  She can pull herself up.  She still wobbles a bit when she does it, but pulling up she is.
*  She seems to be more responsive of her name.  I believe she is finally recognizing it.
*  She can go up the steps.  ACK! 
*  Her favorite things to babble are:  ma ma ma, ba ba ba, and da da da.

No comments: