Friday, September 09, 2011

Two week checkup

At the dinner table.
Emma gets fussy in the afternoon and evening.
I think it's because she knows her daddy is home and wants to be held by him, even if it's dinner time.


Emma had her two week checkup yesterday. I was really nervous leading up to it because by this doctor's visit they want to see that the baby is back to her birth weight. I had such trouble feeding her at first, and she lost so much weight her first few days of life, that I was really anxious about this. So here are the numbers:

At birth - August 21, 2011
Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz
Height: 20 in

Two days later - August 23, 2011
Weight: 6 lbs 9 oz, 13 oz less

Two week checkup - September 8, 2011
Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz, 25 oz more! (30%)
Height: 21 1/2 in (75%)
Head size: 14 in (30%)

Doctor said she is long a lean :) Just like her mommy and daddy where at that age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Lauren! Keep it up and I am so proud of you for sticking with it! I didn't regret one moment of breastfeeding Will and we had quite the start as well so my heart goes out to you, great work!

Taylor