Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meal plan

This week marks a new beginning in regards to meals for us. Even though we've made financial choices over the past 4 years that would allow me to stay at home when children came, quitting my job does comes with it's sacrifices. One of those sacrifices (for Byron in particular) is that he is now going to begin coming home for lunch during his work day. He used to go out to eat every day for lunch, and even though that the money he spent was in our budget, I think we've now agreed that that money could be better used elsewhere.

So here it is. After what seemed an hour of racking my brain, this is our menu for the week:

Wednesday and Thursday:
L: Chicken Mini Empanadas. New recipe. It they turn out good, I'll post the recipe.
D: Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and apple sauce.

Friday & Saturday:
L: Egg salad sandwiches. I have a ton of eggs that I got on sale and that I need to finish.
D: Magluta with hummus and pita bread (Lebanese dish).

Sunday:

L: Out with family.
D: Freebie - I like to leave a day open in case something comes up during the week, which usually does.

Monday:
L: Grilled pitas with cheese.
D: Hamburgers with french fries

Tuesday:
L: I have a doctor's appt, so we may use a Groupon to go out to eat together. We usually do this before my appts.
D: Hamburger with french fries.

No comments: