Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meal Plan

I am known for being very organized (or as my mom likes to call it, too rigid), but being overly organized is something that, in my opinion, has far more advantages than disadvantages:

- I never have to say no to something b/c i am having to do something last minute.
- I find myself enjoying life a lot more -- much more relaxed, time to do other things, etc.
- I never had to pull an "all nighter" in my 4 years of college.

This is one aspect of motherhood that makes me nervous. How much of this control-freak nature of mine is going to be put to test once our little girl comes? I'm sure that a lot...

All that to say that being overly organized leads me to always have a weekly meal plan. And since many of my recipes/cooking ideas come from other blogs, thought i would share mine as well. And yes, my meal plan begins halfway through the week, not on a Monday.

Thursday:
Lunch - Egg salad sandwich (hard boiled eggs, leftover chicken, celery and mayo)
Dinner - Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread

Friday:
Repeat Thursday (yes, i cook for two days)

Saturday:
Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwiches, carrots and chips
Dinner: Out?? It's going to be a busy afternoon, so i may request a date :)

Sunday:
Lunch: Out with family
Dinner: Baked chicken fingers, salad and mac and cheese

Monday:
Lunch: Veggie quesadillas
Dinner: Repeat Sunday

Tuesday:
Lunch: School's PTO's chick-fil-a sandwich
Dinner: Parmesan pizza

Wednesday:
Lunch: Veggie quesadillas
Dinner: Repeat Tuesday

No comments: