Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's official!

Soon after my dad passed away in November 2007, and only 5 months after we got married, a strong desire to become a mom took over me. We had decided to wait 4 years before we had any children and Byron was committed to that timing.

The desire was still there, sometimes stronger than other times. Byron would not even talk about tentative dates of when we would "begin" to try to have children.

Then on September 13, 2010 on my 26th birthday, when i was in bed ready to go to sleep, he said: "i do have one last gift for you -- let's start a family!" I remember crying a little, a little nervous, a little excited. The time had come!

Then on December 21, 2010, while in Mexico, i kept thinking about whether i was pregnant or not. Byron was in the States at the time, and told me to just go ahead and take the test to get it out of my mind. So at 11:30 pm i took a pregnancy test that came out positive. I immediately called Byron and told him the news.

Though sad Byron was not with me at the time, i was grateful to have been able to tell my mom and aunt in person.

This is a picture of me entering the kitchen ready to tell my mom she was going to be a grandmother.

Then on January 11 we had our first doctor's appointment and we had our first baby pic.

No comments: