Friday, December 23, 2011

Chichi Velia, bisabuelo Ali & abu Naamen

After church, we went to my aunt Miriam's house for lunch, the house where my dad grew up, and where he lived for the last 10 years of his life.

After eating a good Yucatecan/Lebanese meal (kibis and cochinita pibil, yum!), Byron and I took a little girl around the house introducing her to her two great grandparents and grandfather, all three of which have passed away.

With Chichi Velia (chichi = grandmother in Maya, Yucatan's native language). Passed away in August 2006.

With bisabuelo Ali (great grandfather).
He passed away 9 months before I was born almost 28 years ago.

With abu Naamen (abu = short for abuelo, grandfather in Spanish).
Passed away November 2007, five months after I got married.

Byron pointing out abu Naamen and his four siblings.

Emma & Manuelito, my cousin's son, who wanted to take Emma home with him :)

No comments: