Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving tree

This year I finally got around to making our family Thanksgiving tree.  I hope we get into the habit of doing one each year.  What had kept me from doing one before was the fact that I couldn't do it "perfectly," so once I threw that ideal out the window, the possibilities were endless.  

We just took some brown paper the painters left at the house, drew a tree trunk, then went outside and gathered some fall leaves.  We hot glued them and called it a day.  About every day as a family we talk about the things we are thankful for.  It's been fun filling up our tree with thanksgiving.  What's become even more special is for Emma to embrace and become so familiar with the word "thanksgiving."  She is often asking herself and others what they are thankful for.



No comments: