Saturday, July 25, 2015

Paseando with my little girl

I got to go pasear (stroll around) with my little girl this morning.  She got a hair cut (and a balloon for a reward) and then do some errands with me.  For some reason she insisted on taking her doll around town with us.  She was (and always is!) a delight to be with. 


A few Emma milestones -- 

*  I have started teaching her some sight words while we read.  She can now read and recognize the words:  the, and, to, he, she, I, and a.  She is really taking an interest in learning to read.  I wonder how all of this will develop through time before she starts school next year.

*  She is also learning to spell a little.  She can write her name and the sight words from above (^), but that's abut the extent of anything legitimate that she can write.  She likes to just string a whole lot of letters together that never make sense.  But I feel like the beginning stages of writing are underway. 

*  I am trying to see if I can begin teaching her the concept of addition and subtraction.  She likes to take her grapes (or goldfish, or whatever), line them up, count them, and then begin eating one, two, or three, or four at a time.  Then count them again.  I am starting to use math words with her such as "plus" and "minus" (in Spanish, btw).  Hoping this basic math can develop naturally with her.

*  I've been trying to be more intentional with her at bedtime.  We are half way through reading Charlotte's Web, though now that she can "read" her sight words, the reading is much, much, much slower now.

*  Another thing that I've been trying to be more intentional with at bedtime is to debrief our day together.  We'll ask each other the favorite part of our day, and then talk about one kind thing we did that day, and one unkind thing we did that day.  My intention here is to always be vulnerable of my sin with her, letting her know that mama is far from perfect.  But also my desire is for her to begin examining her own brokeness and need of Jesus.

2 comments:

MOM said...

THIS IS PICTURE PERFECT!! Her smile is actually natural! (I hope this continues for photos) Hmmm, , , now she is interested in her doll! HOW FUNNNNN!!

Anonymous said...

I want to tease her pussy and get her dirty horny