Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Eight years married

WOW!  Married for eight years.

I like to joke about how I am on my "third husband" and Byron is on his "fifth wife."  It's amazing how much we have grown and changed over the course of these last eight years.  I look back to that 22-year old girl on June 16, 2007 and cannot believe we're the same person.  

And that 28-year old young man.  That young man who showed up late to our "Welcome Party" two nights before our wedding because he was busy taking care of our guests.  As I cried in the hallway of my mother's house that evening, one of his aunts pulled me aside and looked at me with stern eyes and said:  "you are marrying a servant."

So over the course of these past eight years, it's been my privilege to see that side of my husband grow and mature.  

And so I wonder, how many more "husbands" will I have during the next eight years?


***

How did we celebrate eight years together?

With a full week with every single evening with a commitment, we decided "eat out" at home.

We got Carabba's take-out and ate it on our wedding china.  And some special cake slices from a local restaurant for dessert.


1 comment:

MOM said...

I enjoyed this a lot, for its humor and your descriptions. So, CONGRATULATIONS on #8!!