Monday, April 13, 2015

Picture catchup

Thought I'd play some catchup with this post and just post a number of pictures from the past few weeks.

Emma has always been a TV-girl, and Little Byron has found himself enjoying some sibling TV-time as well.  I was raised thinking that TV was "The Devil," so I almost always feel borderline guilty about the kids watching TV.  But in all honesty, it's quite the life saver, never mind a "cheap babysitter."  And just to set things clear, the kids don't sit around watching TV all day.  Days can go by without any TV, then on most days they'll watch about 30 minutes, and then on others watch about 1.5 hrs - 2 hrs (movie).  All in balance.  The goal here is to not make it a big deal.


Then as the weather has been getting nicer, the kids enjoy playing outside and "water the plants" (aka, the weeds).  It always ends up being on big, wet mess.


This was a fun little thing for me to watch.  When I was a little girl, about 8 years old, I began collecting stationary pages.  More than 20 years later, I never got rid of them, waiting "for the perfect time to use them."  I was quite nostalgic about them, especially because I clearly remember as a little girl looking through them and organizing them.  My prized possession!  Then the other day, as I was going through some papers, I came across them, and decided that "the perfect time" was NOW.  My little girl was going to get to enjoy them and play with them and scribble on them.  She enjoyed them well for a while.  Now they'll be headed to the trash soon.  I'd say I'm glad I held on to this collection of mine for as long as I did :)


Little Byron getting into Daddy's closet.


I got to go see my baby sister get matched in Athens three weeks ago.


The kids and their shenanigans.   Here they are playing the "night-night game."


On a lazy Saturday morning.  This boy still sucks his right index finger.  Never mind that he's been doing it for his entire life now, I'm still not used to seeing him do it.  I've never seen an index-finger-sucking child before.


And how he sleeps!!!!  (And big sister taking a peek)


 There is something about a baby and his bottom in the air when he sleeps that just makes my heart melt.


Another outdoor afternoon playing with water.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Fun to see alll the photos, but I hope you will upload one that I was hoping to see. Easter Sunday. Can I see BB in the outfit I gave him?

I never knew you would organize your stationary! That was a tear-jerker. You rarely comment on your years growing up. BB in daddy's shoes must get printed! That's a classic. And my favorite of all was the last one: outside!! Messing around!