Tuesday, December 02, 2014

At the zoo

I have great memories of going to the zoo myself growing up.  Free entertainment to anyone who desires, this is a great way to spend the morning with the family.  I told my mom while we were there that if we were living in Merida, I like to believe that we'd go there regularly.  

We started off the morning on the train.


No surprise here.  My fearful girl covered her ears for most of the ride (she doesn't like odd noises, even if they are not necessarily loud).



Byron spent a lot of time pointing at things:  "douh, douh," he'd say.


Oma brought the handy-dandy wagon as an alternative to walking or being in a stroller.



The absolute highlight were the hippopotamus.  There were four of them, one of them being a baby.  We got to see them get fed and watch them get out of the water.  We definitely spent the most time there.


BB decided to be a little independent while we were there and try to run off to do his own thing.  Glad Oma was there to help keep him company.


Flamingos-- one of Emma's favorite things to look at.



 More pics with the hippos.


As a little token, and since the whole experience was free, I decided to buy the kids some cheap and overpriced gifts.  Emma chose a Dora helium balloon, and BB chose a "bawl." 



We had a little picnic afterwards, and BB enjoyed relaxing a bit on Oma's legs.


On our way back to the car.  Very sunny and hot by the time we left.  Both kids were thankful for the wagon.

1 comment:

MOM said...

OH, WHAT A STORY you told. I loved the hippos too! The wagon was fun to have!! You were 3 years old when you got it and it never got to the zoo in all these years. . .27!

I remember that Emma was curious about the jaguar and that you prepared her for the ride through the TUNNEL! It was such a FUN day with my Emma and BB.