Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Master of Education

 Last week I concluded my graduate level studies.  I began taking classes in the Fall of 2010 while still working full-time at LBC Middle.  I took a year off when Emma was born after having completed half of my required hours, and in the Summer of 2012 I realized I had two options:  (1)  Go ahead and finish it now, or (2)  to close that door and never look back (ie -- never finish my Masters).  With the encouragement of my husband and with funds available, we decided I should go ahead and finish it.

I would have never been able to do it without the help of Memma, Nana and Byron who helped keep Emma for me while I went to class or met with a professor during the day.

I was not planning on attending any of the graduation ceremonies, but my loving husband went ahead and RSVP for the hooding ceremony saying:  "I've put too much time and money into this -- you are going to your ceremony!"  (I love that man :) ).  So here are a few pictures of my hooding ceremony:

The "placing of the hood."

After the ceremony, with my little family.

With my man <3 br="">

Saturday (the next day) I put on my robe again and had Byron take some pictures of me outside.

This is what a 25 week pregnant woman looks like with a graduating robe on.


Afterwards, as a way to say thank-you, we took some family and friends out to dinner.  We had originally planned on going to a Japanese Steak House, but being graduating weekend combined with mother's day weekend, the earliest we could get a reservation for was 9:30 pm.  So we changed locations to Bucca Di Beppo.

Anna and me :)

Aunt Alison, Emma Girl and her Kodak smile, and Mommy.

The full table.

Family picture with Aunt Alison and Uncle Rob.

1 comment:

MOM and G said...

CONGRATULATIONS. We definitely feel proud of you for reaching that goal, and thank all the babysitters who helped in a huge way! Without them, you could not have done it! I hope you can make education a little better. For starters, what can you pass on the me? ABRAZOS!