Monday, November 12, 2012

Daddy's helper

I woke up sick this Saturday morning, so Byron took over Emma-duties for me.  He had planned on racking the yard, and it was a beautiful day for it, so he took Emma out to have her "help him."

Emma did very well with him, and of course I couldn't resist taking pictures of such beautiful scene -- my two loves outside having a great time together.  Emma caught on pretty fast as to what was going on.  She would put things in the bucket for daddy, such as this stick --

We took her walker outside to allow her to explore the yard a little so she wouldn't hurt her knees (no, she is still not walking).


"Let me help you, daddy"

Emma even got her own yard bag to put the pine straw in.

Like father, like daughter.


Emma's vocabulary continues to expand.  Her latest words are:  "no no" (how fun for me!), "bae bae" (for baby -- mostly when she sees a picture of herself or her own reflection), "nai nai" (for night night), "nowe" (for nose -- loves to point out people's noses), "duck" and "cheese".  Sadly for me, most of her words continue to be in English.  But she does understand Spanish, she is just not verbalizing it yet.

She is also getting three molars in, which make for a fussy and tired little girl every day :'(

She loves books, balls, cars, airplanes, and balloons.

No comments: