Monday, March 05, 2012

Emma sits up

Sooooo... solids are not going too well. Today was our third day with them and the only progress we have made is that now instead of opening her mouth like she used to, she clamps it shut when the spoon approaches her mouth and refuses to eat anything.

Out of frustration, I called my newest mama-friend for reinforcements. She encouraged me not to get too worked up about this and take it slowly. Maybe just let her play with her spoon for a few days until she gets more warmed up to the idea.

But... we ARE making progress. As of last week, Emma can sit up on her own for quite some time. I do have to sit her up myself, but she can stay balanced. When I went into the church nursery yesterday to nurse her, she was sitting up all by herself, amusing herself with toys. Her Aunt Amber later told me that little friends would crawl over to her and play with her, then crawl away. And so the day went...

(Update: I had forgotten to take the "private" setting off this video. It is now public for everyone to see.)

3 comments:

TDB said...

Unsolicited advice I know: we didn't start Will on solids (and he was huge!) until 7 months or even later I can't remember the latest you can start. I did homemade sweet potato first and cereal way later. She will take it when she is ready and needs it. The biggest mom stress of the last two years has been food. He ate everything then stopped at 18 months and every day I wanted to cry. He is fine and eating now. God is good, he's got it under control but it's hard I know!

OMA/Mom said...

Oma doesn't know why mommy lets Big Girl put a dirty cell phone in her mouth! I also realized I dread to think of her being one of these millennium children who have a phone when they are in elem. school!! NOOOO!!!

Alison said...

Building up her immune system with that cell phone haha! They say the best thing you can do is grow up your child in a farm with a pig inside the house (at least that's what my microbiology prof said in collage... haven't heard anything of that in med school though)... I guess a cell phone will do the trick too :D. Yo-Yo cant wait to meet his cousin, even if she weighs almost twice as much as he does! At least she cant chase him just yet haha...